Ol Lentille Sanctuary
Located in the pristine and vast savannah lands of Laikipia County, Ol Lentille Sanctuary is a marvel to behold. It’s majestic, luxurious and offers amazing views of the big five, notably the African elephants as they trudge along footpaths that are centuries old. Ol Lentille first opened her doors in 2007 with a keen theme on responsible tourism and conservation of rare and endangered species, In fact, at Ol Lentille, the African wild dog numbers have grown steadily. On a Kenyan safari at Ol Lentille, you can spot 10-20 African wild dogs which live in approximately 6 packs.
Quick Ol Lentille Kenya Safari Facts
- Ol Lentille is a 40,000 acre farm approximately 75km from the snow-capped Mt. Kenya, Kenya’s tallest mountain
- Kenyan safari game drives, camel safaris, quad and mountain biking, and nature walks are some of the activities you can engage in at Ol Lentille
- The luxurious accommodation at Ol Lentille: With 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas available which can house at most 14 adults and 6 children, Ol Lentille is a leading Kenyan safari destination that will surely make a huge impression on your safari
- Flights to Ol Lentille: Flights to Ol Lentille are easily available and convenient. You can fly directly to Ol Lentille’s private airstrip or helipad. Alternatively, Africa Sunset offers 4*4 vehicles that will easily drive you to this amazing safari destination
Why Go to Ol Lentille
- Wildlife and Habitat at Ol Lentille Sanctuary: Ol Lentille is home to Africa’s big five except the rhino. Moreover, the sanctuary boasts of the African wild dog, Grevy’s and Burchell’s zebras, the cheetah, spotted and stripped hyenas and multiple species of rare birds
- Extremely well-priced: Ol Lentille’s rates are extremely well-priced given the luxurious accommodation on offer. Prices as low as 1,500 usd per person sharing for 4 nights are on offer.
- Endless activities to engage in: At Ol Lentille, there is no shortage of activities that you can engage in. From bush walks and 4*4 safari rides to sundowners and pit fire dinners, you will surely fall in love with this amazing safari destination. To cap it all, when the sun is too hot, you can always take a swim at Ol Lentille’s stunning, horizon swimming pool!
- Ease of access to other Kenyan safari destinations: Accessing other safari destinations from Ol Lentille is easy…so is extending your stay at Ol Lentille. You can easily travel to the 8th wonder of the world for the great wildebeest migration – Masai Mara – or Amboseli, Zanzibar and multiple other destinations
When to Go to Ol Lentille
When to go to Ol Lentille Sanctuary Kenya is mainly dictated by the weather. The dry season presents the best times as to when to view wildlife and outdoor camping. Typically, this is during June to October.
Quick Fingertip Facts on Ol Lentille Sanctuary Kenya
- Best time to go on Kenyan Safaris: June-Oct; Jan-Feb
- High Season: Jul-Nov, Jan-Feb: There is a risk of overcrowding in budget areas of the Masai Mara, Amboseli and Lake Nakuru. A client seeking luxurious accommodation such as Ol Lentille Sanctuary Kenya need not worry.
- Low Season: Mar-May: Characterizedby heavy rainfall; some camps tend to close. Very cheap prices and related charges
- Best Weather to go on Kenya safaris: June-Oct
- Worst Weather to go on Kenya Safari: March-May
Where to Stay at Ol Lentille
- The Eryie: This is the ideal safari destination for couples and individuals seeking a romantic honeymoon safari. With a circular bedroom and a great view of the lodge, the Eryie at Ol Lentille offers a perfect honeymoon getaway. To top it all, the sitting room has an open fire that you can sit and cuddle around as you reflect on the future as well as past memories!
- The Sultan’s House: Ol Lentille’s Sultan House is an ideal alternative to the Eryie. It borrows heavily from Kenya’s history with the Sultans of years past at Mombasa, Lamu and Zanzibar. It is perfect for a romantic honeymoon getaway or a couple. The warm, luxurious accommodation adds warmth to a couple or rendezvous and brings out Ol Lentille’s true blessing: bubbling joy!
- The Colonel’s House: This two-bedroomed villa at Ol Lentille easily accommodates 4 adults. It is a one-storey building with the bedrooms built at the first floor in order to offer panoramic views of the hills and valleys of Ol Lentille. The sitting room has an open fire pit that is great for conversation and sundowners
- The Chief’s House: Ol Lentille’s Chief’s House is ideal for a superb family safari or vacation. This luxurious accommodation holds 6 adults and can hold extra children beds on request. The 3 bedroom Chief’s House at Ol Lentille is spacious and feels like a home away from home with all the comforts and needs that a family requires on a Kenyan safari.
What to Do at Ol Lentille Sanctuary, Kenya
- Dawn, day, and dusk safaris/game drives at Ol Lentille
- Nature Photography
- Bird Watching and Ornithology
- Walking safaris and general viewing
- Camel Safaris
- Cycling at Ol Lentille
- Quad Biking at Ol Lentille
- Amazing Sundowners
- Romantic Honeymoon Getaways
- Hiking and bush breakfast/lunch/dinner at the Ol Lentille wilderness